If you or someone you love has been involved in an auto accident, you may not know what steps to take. Exchanging insurance information is only the first step of a much longer process. Therefore, it is important to obtain legal representation from a Nashville auto accident attorney as quickly as possible so that you and those you love can focus on recovery.
Expenses Incurred During An Auto Accident
Automobile accidents involve several expenses you may not have considered. You cannot rely upon your insurance company to voluntarily reimburse these losses. Some of these hidden costs include:
- Vehicle repairs ranging from a simple dent to major restoration
- Hospital fees, including – ambulance, emergency room, testing and treatment
- Medications and physical therapy required to counteract pain and broken bones
- Legal fees, including attorney’s fees and court costs, if necessary
- Lost income from missed work both after the accident itself and due to any reduced hours or pay during your recovery
- Serious injuries, such as brain damage or shattered limbs, that require ongoing physical, or mental, medical care
Dealing with Insurance Companies
Insurance companies strive to pay out as little as possible when processing a claim. In order to ensure you get the money you deserve, a Nashville auto accident attorney should be contacted immediately. It is your right to have an attorney present when your car is inspected by the insurance company to make sure they do not report less damage than there is.
The other party’s insurance company will likewise attempt to avoid paying your claim. Without a mediator to represent you, the insurance agent will first attempt to absolve their client of any liability. Failing that, they will do everything possible to frustrate you into settling for less than you deserve. Remember that insurance companies know every nuance of auto accident law and will use that knowledge against you.
Auto Accident Attorneys Are Not Just Lawyers
When you hire a Nashville auto accident attorney, you are getting more than a lawyer. These attorneys are dedicated caregivers who are specially trained to deal with the unique issues that arise after auto accidents. They will help mediate every aspect of your claim so that you and your loved ones can focus on recovery.