Personal injuries can be a traumatic experience both physically and emotionally. An injury due to another person’s negligence may leave you feeling distraught. In severe cases, the personal injuries may lead to the loss of a loved one. If you feel another person or entity is at fault, contacting a personal injury lawyer Tennessee should be your next step. An experienced lawyer will be able to determine if you are eligible to file a personal injury claim.
Types of Personal Injury Claims
The personal injury lawyer Tennessee will act as your personal advocate by protecting your legal rights. Allowing you time to focus on the healing process or grieve for your loss. Personal injury claims may be filed for a variety of reasons.
- Defective products from the manufacturer, seller or designer
- Dangerous drug interaction
- Car accidents including drunk driving
- Pedestrian injuries received from a motor vehicle
- Slip and fall especially in retail facilities
- Medical malpractice from a doctor, nurse, or other healthcare professional
- Intentional criminal behavior causing harm
- Animal attack, mainly dogs
The basis for a personal claim is the situation could have been prevented. When another person is responsible, you have the right to collect damages for your individualized situation.
The final amount of damages will vary for each case. A personal injury lawyer Tennessee will carefully review the documentation of expenses to help set a compensation amount. The awarded compensation is designed to help the injured person cover losses and expenses occurred.
- Medical costs including emergency room visit, hospital stay, follow-up care, physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Loss of income and future earning potential
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
If the victim died due to the personal injuries, further compensation may be awarded to cover the irreplaceable loss.
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Loss of potential inheritance
- Loss of companionship
- Punitive damages
When a person suffers a personal injury, finding who is responsible may be a complex issue. Hiring a personal injury lawyer Tennessee can help in numerous ways. The expert legal knowledge for personal injury cases will be needed to obtain fair compensation for your injuries or compensate for the loss of a loved one.