Slip and fall injuries can happen when you least expect it, leaving you to deal with the aftermath while trying to recover at the same time. People of all ages are apt to these types of accidents and often end up injuring more than just their pride. Slip and fall accidents can be caused by everything from simple negligence to failure to properly maintain properties. These hazardous conditions can include:
- Improperly signed wet floors, or waxy residue left behind
- Improperly lit walkways and paths
- Uneven or poorly maintained pavement
- Food or drink spills
- Broken or poorly maintained steps, stairs, and handrails
- Ladders, scaffolding, and other construction equipment
Slip and fall accidents can cause a variety of injuries that may or may not be apparent at the time of the accident. These injuries can include:
- Spinal cord damage
- Blunt head trauma
- Internal bleeding
- Broken bones
- Cuts, bruises, and scars
These injuries can range from minor to catastrophic and can often lead to significant expenses which can involve medical expenses, diagnostic and testing costs, physician’s costs, and follow up treatments, just to name a few.
What Do I Do After A Slip and Fall Accident?
You’re going to want to record as much information as you possibly can as soon as you are able to do so. There are a few facts you should take note of which include:
- What caused the fall? Take photos if possible.
- Did anyone else witness the accident? Write down their names and contact information.
- If the accident occurred at a business, contact the manager immediately.
- If the accident occurred on private property, take photos of the cause if possible.
- Contact a Nashville slip and fall attorney for a case evaluation.
The Law Office of Ken Beasley can help. Our experienced attorneys can guide you through the process and know how to preserve as much evidence as possible in order to advocate for your well being and expertly handle everything from the insurance companies to medical expenses on your behalf with genuine care and expertise. Ken Beasley has been handling personal injury litigation for over 16 years and is dedicated to giving each client the highest quality representation in order to get you the compensation you deserve. Contact our offices today for your free, no obligation consultation with our slip and fall attorneys to discuss the benefits and compensation you may be entitled to.